Brand name: Trodelvy
Chemical name: Sacituzumab govitecan-hziy
Class: Antibody-drug conjugate immune targeted therapy. Trodelvy is made up of:
- sacituzumab, a type of protein called a monoclonal antibody, that targets the Trop-2 protein; the Trop-2 protein is found in more than 90% of triple-negative breast cancers
- SN-38, a topoisomerase I inhibitor chemotherapy; topoisomerase I inhibitors work by interfering with the cancer cells’ ability to replicate
- a compound that links the sacituzumab to the SN-38
The linking compound attaches (conjugates) the monoclonal antibody sacituzumab to the SN-38 chemotherapy.
Uses: Trodelvy is used to treat adults diagnosed with metastatic triple-negative breast cancer who have received at least two previous treatments for metastatic disease.
How it’s given: Trodelvy is given intravenously, which means the medicine is delivered directly into your bloodstream through an IV or port.
- low white blood cell counts
- hair loss
- decreased appetite
- abdominal pain
Read more about Trodelvy.
- Trodelvy (sacituzumab govitecan-hziy) prescribing information. Immunomedics, Morris Plains, NJ. 2020. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2020/761115s000lbl.pdf. (PDF)
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Breast self-exam, or regularly examining your breasts on your own, can be an important way to...
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...