Lumpectomy is surgery in which only the tumor and some surrounding tissue is removed. On the following pages, you can learn more about lumpectomy surgery, lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy, what to expect from lumpectomy surgery, and questions to ask your surgeon.
In this section:
- What Is Lumpectomy?
- Lumpectomy Plus Radiation
- Is Lumpectomy Plus Radiation Right for You?
- Lumpectomy: What to Expect
- Re-Excision Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy Risks
- Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Lumpectomy
- Lumpectomy as Part of Experimental Treatment
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Lumpectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Your Breast Cancer Diagnosis
Just as no two people are exactly alike, no two breast cancers are exactly the same, either. Your...
- How to Ease Aromatase Inhibitor-Related Pain
Managing Your Medical Records
Each doctor and medical facility you visit keeps a medical record for you that includes...
Mastectomy and Breast Reconstruction Video Series
If you’ve been diagnosed with breast cancer, there are a number of surgical options for removing...
Tenacious D: I Was Strong; Cancer Made Me Stronger
“I want to make every woman diagnosed with breast cancer a rock star.” Dianne Wilson’s indigo...