Mastectomy is surgery to remove a breast. On these pages, you can find out more about different types of mastectomy, get help with decision-making, and learn what to expect during and after surgery.
In this section:
- What Is Mastectomy?
- Skin-Sparing Mastectomy
- Nipple-Sparing Mastectomy
- Is Mastectomy Right for You?
- Mastectomy Plus Radiation
- Mastectomy Plus Reconstruction
- Mastectomy: What to Expect
- Mastectomy Risks
- 15 Questions to Ask Your Surgeon About Mastectomy
- Before Mastectomy: 10 Tips to Get Ready for Your Hospital Stay and Recovery
- Getting Your Pathology Results After Mastectomy
Can we help guide you?
Create a profile for better recommendations
Tamoxifen (Brand Names: Nolvadex, Soltamox)
Tamoxifen is the oldest and most-prescribed selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM)....
Breast Cancer Stages
The stage of a breast cancer is determined by the cancer’s characteristics, such as how large it...
Cancer Survivors Overestimate Quality of Their Diets
Most people who have been diagnosed with cancer think they eat a healthy diet, but a study found...